The MSG Sphere Las Vegas held the ground breaking ceremony on Thursday. Madison Square Garden officials describe the MSG Sphere as a “revolutionary” new live entertainment venue that will plop a massive spherical arena onto the Vegas Strip in 2020. The venue may hold boxing events, but it’s not intended to host sports. Primarily the MSG Sphere Las Vegas will accommodate conventions, concerts and other live events.
MSG Sphere Las Vegas will be located behind the Venetian and Palazzo.
Gov. Sandoval spoke at the MSG Sphere Las Vegas ground breaking ceremony. He stated “An estimated 3,500 jobs during the construction, and then 4,400 jobs, permanent jobs thereafter. An annual economic output of $730 million for our economy.” Nevada schools are due to benefit from the revenue and the MSG Sphere should continue to fuel the state’s important economic ventures and will create more jobs.
MSG Sphere Las Vegas cutting technologies is due to include the following:
- An LED exterior that is fully programmable, creating a digital showcase for brands, artists, events and partners
- The largest and highest resolution LED screen on Earth. This more than 160,000-square foot display plane will wrap around the interior of the bowl, creating a visually stunning experience
- A dynamically adaptive acoustics system that will deliver crystal clear audio to every guest, no matter the size or type of event. This system will utilize a variety of technologies, including beam-forming, enabling audio to be directed to specific locations in the bowl at a near constant volume from point of origin to
- destination. Beam-forming technology also enables the simultaneous delivery of multiple forms of content – creating a truly customized experience
- An infrasound haptic flooring system that will convey bass through the floor so that guests “feel” the experience
- A new architecture for connectivity that will deliver 25 megabits per second for every guest, enabling a broader range of content, greater interaction among guests and more immersive entertainment experiences
- First-class amenities – from luxurious seating and hospitality offerings for a wide range of audiences, to deluxe, dedicated areas designed specifically for artists